The journey continues...

For most of my adult life, at least as long as I can remember I've had this strong attraction to the Incan ruins of Machu Picchu high up in the mountains in Cusco, Peru, South America. I didn't know anything about it apart from seeing beautiful images and developed a knowing that one day I would love to experience it. It's been on my Google doc-based bucket list for quite some time now.

We have these dreams, these wishes that you say 'one day' about, don't we? Then life kinda swirls us up into the routine that our Western culture programs into us and we either forget about these 'dreams' or we keep them in the 'one day' pile stuck behind our mounds of distractive escapism and binge-filled weekends and I have become so conscious over the years of not wanting to stagnate, you know, I'm not saying we can't enjoy those routines, the comfort they provide has a lot of use, especially in certain periods of life but I just can't help thinking that the majority of our life-parts just kind of happen. we just... fall into them, unconsciously, and then one day, if we're lucky, we wake up and think, 'is this really what I want? Is this really making me happy?' and once we ask that question it changes everything. why? Because by asking that question it brings the current situation into the conscious forefront of our mind and that gives us the power of choice.

Choice is such a powerful thing. So powerful, yet people overlook it, or they think they don't have a choice in their current situation, their future, their career, their friends etc. etc. When we realise we have choice, that's when we can really start to make a difference to ourselves and our reality. 

My boyfriend and I have just booked flights to Peru. Life started getting a bit stagnant.

oh. and a 5 day Ayahuasca retreat too. We're only on this Earth once, right? 


Comments

Trending

My Ayahuasca Journey: Just The Beginning

My growing love for Radio Presenting

The UK Bass Music show on Sub FM with Lara & Nikki

She Just Wanna Dance - [Hospital Records] #MeToo